Baked Sausage Pasta
Pasta (shells, butterfly, spirals, any type will do) 500 gm
Sausage (chicken or pork) cut into slightly big pieces 2 cups
Green peas 1 cup
Pepper powder 2 tsp
Chili powder 1 tbsp
Thyme 1 tsp
Basil 1 tsp
Oregano ½ tsp
Italian pasta sauce (tomato-base) 350 gm
Shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil (preferably olive oil)
1. Boil water in a vessel and add some salt and oil. Add pasta and when almost cooked, strain and keep aside.
Oil is added to the boiling water so that the pasta does not stick together.
2. Mix the chili powder, pepper powder and salt to the sausages in a bowl. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and sauté till the sausages become slightly brown.
3. In a large mixing bowl put together pasta, sausages, green peas, thyme, basil, oregano and the pasta sauce, and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and top it with a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes. Serve hot.