Unsalted butter, softened 1 cup
White sugar 1 cup
Brown sugar 1 cup
Vanilla extract 2 tsp
All-purpose flour (maida) 3 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Cocoa powder ¾ cup
M&M’s/Gems 1 cup
1. Using an electric beater, mix butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Then add the vanilla essence, baking soda dissolved in hot water and salt, one after the other. Now stir in flour, M&M’s, nuts and cocoa powder. Mix this well without overdoing. The more you beat, the harder the cookies get. So it enough that the ingredients mix well.
2. Roll out small balls of the dough and spread it lightly using a rolling pin or your hand.
3. Spread them over a non-stick baking dish or baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 175 degree Celsius until the edges brown well.
5. Take the cookies out of the oven and set aside for cooling for 10 minutes.
1. Drinking chocolate instead of cocoa powder will do just fine.
2. Semi-sweetened choco chips can be used instead of M&M/Gems.