All purpose flour 2 cups
Salt ½ tsp
Water ¾ cup
Olive oil 3 tbsp
For the filling
Chicken breast cut into strips 1 cup
Red/White onion cut into strips 1 large
Red, green and yellow peppers (capsicum) 1 cup
Shredded mozzarella cheese as desired
For the marinade
Cilantro a handful
Spring onions chopped 2 tbsp
Garlic chopped 4 cloves
Green chilli or jalapeno as desired
Cumin powder 2 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make tortilla
1. In a bowl, mix flour, salt and oil and combine well. Then slowly add water and knead into smooth dough. You can add more water to achieve the desired consistency. Cover with a wet cloth and let rest for 20 minutes.
2. Now divide the dough into 8 equal balls. Using a rolling pin roll out the balls, as you do a chapathi.
3. Spray some oil onto a hot skillet and cook the tortillas over medium heat till slightly brown.
Method of preparation
1. Blend cilantro, spring onions, garlic, green chilli/jalapeno, cumin powder, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a mixer and marinate the chicken strips in this for about 2 hours.
2. Take the chicken strips out and fry them till brown. Keep aside.
3. Sauté onion and peppers on high heat till tender. Add the fried chicken strips and sauté for 2 more minutes.
4. Spread the mixture over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Wrap tightly.